Enlarged liver treatment
Does enlarged liver need a medical treatment?
Therapy of enlarged liver depends on the underlying diseases:
- Control of eating and nutrition for fat liver;
- Reducing alcohol consumption for alcoholic liver disease;
- Weight loss is recommended for simple obesity and fat liver;
- Antiviral therapy or taking liver-protecting tablets for virus hepatitis;
- A surgery or surgical operation for liver cancer or benign mass.
When the causes are removed or conditions are taken control of, the liver may shrink back to its normal size.
Natural remedies for chronic liver disease
Leading a healthy life around: no alcohol, healthy diet and adequate exercise:
- ① Exercise: it can improve health, work off surplus fat and increase your metabolism and immune system. The exercises can be as simple as walking or riding a bicycle.
- ② A healthy, balanced diet in small proportions: Eating low-fat foods, eating fiber rich fruits and vegetables, having an adequate intake of protein.
- ③ Try to avoid alcohol. Alcohol is an important factor to promote the development of cirrhosis and liver cancer, if you have had a fatty liver disease or viral hepatitis.
- ④ Ensure adequate sleep and abundant energy, not tired.
- ⑤ Ensure regular meals, because hunger can promote the development of fatty degeneration of the liver, worsen hepatitis disease, and cause the attack of liver pain.
- ⑥ Breathe fresh air; Do deep breathing exercises, a deep breathing is helpful for liver tissue repair.
In any case, you should consult your doctor, who will tell you whether to treat the hepatomegaly and underlying condition, how to treat them, what you need to pay attention to in life.
- Enlarged liver symptoms Enlarged liver is a result of various liver diseases, and can be accompanied by abdominal fullness, liver pain, loss of appetite, indigestion, jaundice.
- Enlarged liver causes
Alcohol, obesity factor, viruses, liver damage drugs, tumors, liver cancer, abscess, cyst, cholestasis.
- Enlarged liver diagnosis
In most of cases, a mild enlarged liver and enlarged fatty liver can not be felt by the patients themselves.